Sunday 10 February 2013

Forever 21 purchases

Forever 21 haul


I have been a lover of Forever 21 since I went to California about 3 years ago. As you do when you're on holiday I went into a shop and picked up a few things but then without realising I went into the shame chain a few days later, but a different location, and then it clicked. I was hooked. I remember when I got back I searched for it online and saw that you could order to have it delivered in the UK but it had a hefty price tag. Wah! So I forgot about it for a while until I went to Birmingham about a year later and saw it in the Bullring. I was super happy and amazed at how huge the shop was! Three floors ladies. It reminds me of H&M and Topshop in that it is pretty on trend, has loads on offer and has great price tags. One of the first things I bought was a skirt which was like £11... £11!! Just crazy.

So when Dave said we had tickets to go see the Arenacross in Birmingham last weekend I immediately started planning what time we should leave so I could have enough time to go into the Bullring, hit up Forever 21 and then get back over the The NEC. It was like a dream day.
I know some of you may be thinking, get over it. But it's such a great shop and it's a shame the nearest one is a good hour or so's drive.
So, back to what I bought! I didn't go as crazy as I would have liked to. I had Dave with me who was obviously unimpressed with this diversion and I also am trying not to spend too much money at the moment. So I took into the changing room about 9 items and bought 4. Not too bad! There were things I umm-ed and ahh-ed over but I thought it's not worth buying and regretting seen as I wouldn't be able to return it!

spring jumper
£16.75 Forever 21

Forever 21


The first thing I laid eyes on was this neon green jumper. I have a big, baggy jumper from Topshop which, admittedly  is tonnes warmer as it's thicker but this was only £16.75 and I loved how bright it was for Spring. Dave said he liked it too which I was surprised about so this was a definite purchase from the moment I stepped in the doors!

Spring cream top
£14.75 Forever 21
I also bought this pretty white/cream 3/4 length top with lace/crochet detailing on the back. I thought it would be another nice item for Spring and I don't own anything like it at all. Come to think of it I don't own many tops that have a lot of sleeve! It's very odd. I'm a short sleeve, cardigan type of gal normally but this I just loved.


Peplum black top
£9.75 Forever 21
Navy peplum top
£12.00 Forever 21
I then had a bit of a peplum spree and picked up about 3 peplum tops, as you do! I opted for this very casual, black one with small shoulder sleeves as I just loved the stretchy material and thought it would be great on a day to day basis or dressed up. The second one is much more sophisticated with the zip going all the way down to the end so you can put it on a bit like a hospital gown! I didn't realise this until I took it off and thought I broke it. Scary. I thought I could wear this for work, once I get some better bottoms or even as another more dressy occasion. 

So all in all I'm really happy with my purchases, I wish I could have found more for work, as I'm still struggling to find things that I really like, but I'm sure I'll find some things soon.

I'm going to the pub to watch England v Ireland rugby today which I hope will be good. Have a lovely rest of the weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I bought some amazing things when I went to NEW YORK the sad thing is they all shrank in the wash was so annoyed.

    xoxo

    beautyinbrief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That jumper is so nice x


    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    Just a little post to say that I have nominated you for a Liebster Award.

    Amy xo
    http://roseberrylips.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woow gorgeous things!! I love every single one but my favorits are the minty sweater and the peplum top! I want them as well:)

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO love Forever 21 and I just bought the same t-shirt as you (the last one !)? Unfortunately there's only one in France so it's complicated ^^. I wanted to ask you if you were interesting in chatting with me, as you noticed i'm French and i have a loooot of English in my studies so I want to improve !
    Hope this comment won't sound too weird but i'm kinf of desperate... ^^

    Could you respond on my blog please ? Thank you, see ya :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it's much appreciated. Please leave me a comment as I love to hear your thoughts x