Wednesday 22 February 2012

New L'Oreal eye finds

Whilst out today I popped into Boots to grab some face wash and thought I’d have a peak at any new products and offers that they may have going on.
I always struggle to find a really good eyeliner that is easy to use. I would almost go as far as saying my eyes don’t suit eyeliner but perhaps it is just my application! Boots have a 3 for 2 offer at the moment on L'Oreal so I thought this was an ideal opportunity to test a new eyeliner and see how it works for me.

L'Oreal Super Liner Gel Intenza

The pot of eyeliner looks quite small but I can’t see myself getting through it very quickly so quite happy with this. The brush is also very easy to handle and soft, a good thing for around the delicate eye area.
Application is so easy; I am really pleased with the look it gives for little effort. I can honestly say I have never been able to product this look with other eyeliners. Usually I have to really steady myself with eyeliner and use a cotton bud to get the right thickness but with the brush it is simple!

L'Oreal Quad Pro eye shadow for Hazel eyes

I also purchased the L’Oreal eye shadow to test as I generally go without eye colour for day and evening. It took a few tries (probably because of my lack of skill!) and I’m not sure it’s came out the way I had hoped. I wasn’t wearing any other makeup when I tested the product so this may have been why I am not as enthusiastic about it. Or maybe it’s just where I’m not used to seeing myself with colour on my eyes! 
 The good thing about the packaging is it tells you exactly where each shade is supposed to go on your eyelid and they’re even numbered inside so you don’t forget! It comes with a small applicator, but I like to use my own MAC/Boots eye brushes.
Perhaps with a little practice I will master the technique of eye shadow blending, but for now I think this will stay in my makeup bag until I have chance to try again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it's much appreciated. Please leave me a comment as I love to hear your thoughts x