Saturday 7 April 2012

MAC Fix +

Yay, a different brand! I got MAC Fix+ for Christmas from the lovely bf and was quite surprised as I rave on at him about the amazing Smashbox primer I use and thought, why would I need this? The blurb on the back reads:

"Soothing moisture mist that refreshes the skin and finishes makeup... Use before or after makeup."


When I was having my makeup done at the MAC counter a few weeks before (obviously where he got the idea from!) the artist spritzed it onto my face before she applied the makeup, but didn't use it after ward. I politely used it on Christmas day, having a little spritz after my makeup was on but didn't really use it after as I was not convinced.

HOWEVER! With the weather (trying) to be sunny and the dewy look totally in for this season I have been using almost everyday before my makeup and must admit that my Smashbox photo finish primer has stayed in my makeup bag, only coming out on occasions!

The formula is mostly water however it also has ingredients such as fruit extract and caffeine. So you're not just buying expensive water for your face!
After using one or two sprays my face feels refreshed and my usual MAC foundation spreads much easier on my face. I have also been using less moisturiser prior to foundation application because this stuff is enough. Because it isn't a creamy primer it keeps the skin looking quite fresh and moist which is ideal.


Not too sure if you can really see it, but this is after spraying onto my face, prior to makeup! You can see it mostly on my nose.


2 comments:

  1. My friend uses this and I have really wanted to try it. Great post!

    Found you on twitter, please check out my blog and follow if you want x

    http://styleofalondontallgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it's much appreciated. Please leave me a comment as I love to hear your thoughts x