Sunday 1 April 2012

4 week hair challenge #1

I have decided I need to get my hair done soon. It is getting pretty long, heavy and the colour has gone quite auburn. I do not like!! As I won't be able to afford it until the next pay day, and because I am thinking of going a little blonder, I have begun a 4 week hair challenge to get my locks into better condition!

A friend of mine introduced me to VO5's 'give me moisture' hot oil last summer when I had just bleach-bathed my hair and was worried it may fall out. I didn't take it too seriously at the time and just used it when I remembered until they were all gone.
Now however, I am going to use my hot oil every weekend when I wash my hair and will post an update as to how my hair is feeling - hopefully getting better!


The pre-shampoo treatment promises to lock in moisture, double the strength of hair and repair damaged hair. It comes in a pack of 4 which is to be used once a week. 

<3
The first thing I like about the product is that it smells so good, I can't quite put my finger on the smell but it is very floral and reminds me of being in a hairdressers. I used about 2/3 of the 15ml tube on the ends of my hair and massaged the rest into the tips. The texture of my hair at this point was pretty rough but once I had washed the oil off it felt smoother than after using conditioner. Once I had dried my hair it looked less fly-away and the ends felt as though they had been trimmed.

So far, all good! I am really excited to see how the hot oil helps my hair in 4 weeks and to keep you posted! 

1 comment:

  1. What would you recommened for the best shampoo you've used? my hair is in awful condition due to the dying and it's quite oily/dry and gets greasy within 2 days. NOT HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it's much appreciated. Please leave me a comment as I love to hear your thoughts x