Monday 16 April 2012

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation

Lots of bloggers have reviewed this foundation and, after forgetting that I had a sample hidden away, I thought I'd give you my thoughts!
I also tested Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation, which you can read here
, about a month ago and both pretty much state to do very similar things.

L'Oreal believe their foundation will give dull skin instant radiance as it is light infusing (ooo-er) so I thought I'd give it a go and see if this too was a winner.



Right from the beginning of applying it felt quite heavy and unusual, after being used to either a light coverage or my usual mousse foundation, I had a feeling I wouldn't like it very much. Once applied, if looked really shiny on my forehead and nose, which I do expect a little of liquid foundations but not overly!
On the plus side, it did last very well and after the whole day of just milling around and doing a bit of painting it hadn't smudged or leaked off my face. It is also a good match for my skin tone. I do have a feeling however that L'Oreal's Lumi Magique may be for the older customer whereas Rimmel's Wake Me Up really appealed to me and felt much better on my skin - it's also SPF15!


All in all it is an okay product, it gives you good coverage, lasts all day and doesn't give you a matte, leather looking face. The heaviness and either too much light infusing technology or just my general skin not adapting to it well has made this a product I wouldn't be buying though.

Have you used either of L'Oreal's or Rimmel's foundations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it's much appreciated. Please leave me a comment as I love to hear your thoughts x