Sunday 29 April 2012

4 week hair challenge #4

My 4 week hair challenge is complete! This is a week behind (sorry) because of me becoming overly stressed with revising for my exam tomorrow, eek. I am kind of excited about it now though, I just want it to be over! I can then focus on a different topic which will be more interesting and then after Thursday I can have a nice few days rest and, if you follow me on Twitter, you would have noticed that I have been eyeing up Real Techniques Core Collection in Boots but I'm going to buy it as a little treat to myself for getting through this week.

If you have been reading my other 3 posts on VO5's Hot Oil (the packaging is slightly different in the link to the one I purchased) you will probably already know what my outcome will be. I am really pleased with the results. The past week or so pretty much everyone I have seen has commented on how long my hair is looking at the moment, not straggly or in need of a good cut (which it is!) just nice and long. I would say it's probably the length it used to be almost two years ago before I chopped it into a bob, big smile! The ends are looking much healthier and my hair feels softer. I haven't had my hair cut or coloured for probably about 3 months so my ends do feel like they need a cut obviously but it feels much better than it did 4 weeks ago when I started.

The price, £4.29, is amazing -that's just over £1 a time to give your hair a little bit of nourishing.
The only downfall I found with them is how heavy it did make my hair feel and looked greasy and in need of a wash faster than usual but I stopped putting the oil onto my roots and focused on mid-length downwards, which to be honest is where the hair is most damaged anyway. The solution is quite runny too so if you pour a lot of it out into your hands it is likely some of it will end up down the plug so do a little bit at a time and if you have long hair then you can easily just squeeze it out onto your hair and then rub in!

I am hoping to take a trip to the hairdressers this week so I will give you a little update and a piccy of my new hair :)

Sorry again for lack of posting, hope anyone else who is revising is ok! Not long to go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, it's much appreciated. Please leave me a comment as I love to hear your thoughts x